Listen to your Home
Is your home speaking to you?
Are you listening?
What is your home saying to you?
The design of your home should speak to who you are, and have a positive effect on your body, mind and soul. Your home is your castle, your sanctuary and your place of refuge. It’s where you live, relax, socialize, rest and heal.
The design of your home includes the structure, interior, exterior and the decorations. The colors and textures you choose are also important. Aesthetics, accessories, art, personal style and taste add to the overall effect that your home has on your well-being.
There is empirical evidence to prove that our environment has a profound effect on our emotions – our moods, perceptions and state of mind. The psychological triggers emanating from our environment may manifest physiologically, if the effects are overwhelming or continuous.
We’ve all heard people say: “Something about that house is not right…”, or “Something about that house unsettles me…” or worse still, “That house makes me feel ill…”
Nobody relishes the thought of having their home described in such unflattering terms. So, what should you do about what your home is saying to you and to others?
Has any of the following thoughts popped into your mind repeatedly at any time?
- “I need to fix these cupboards…”
- “I must change the color of the kitchen…”
- “There’s not enough light in this room…”
- “It’s time for a remodel…”
- “This room needs a makeover…”
- “There’s not enough space for everything…”
These thoughts are your internal responses to the messages emanating from your home. It may be time to look a bit deeper and ask yourself the following questions…
- Am I proud of my home?
- Is my home still my fortress?
- Does coming home make me feel good?
- Does my home inspire, revitalize, rejuvenate and energize me?
- Am I comfortable and at peace in my home?
- What options do I have to improve my home?
The answers to these questions may be self-evident, if you find that…
- You cannot organize or manage your shelving, storage and packing space;
- You are spending less time in your kitchen, bedroom or bathroom;
- Your decorations, cabinets or cupboards suddenly start to irk you;
- The color, layout or style of one or other room suddenly irritates you;
- You feel that your study or bar or is no longer practical or functional;
- You lose the desire to cook or prepare meals in your kitchen;
- A room suddenly feels too small, too dark or uninspiring;
And, last but not least, you may start to feel that your once beautiful home is now making you feel anxious, frustrated or ill at ease.
This is how your home can speak to you, and if you listen carefully, you will know exactly what to do.
Make the right choice and contact Cape Town’s premier Interior Designers, Gardner Interior Concepts today. We design for life.
We offer ideas, advice, plans and professional support to ensure that you have a functional, practical, timeless, but above all, a flawless interior design solution.
We are passionate about helping you live a better life – in the comfort of your home. Our interior designers will help you breathe new life into your home and into your life.
Our custom interior design solutions for kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, cabinets, cupboards, studies, bars and entertainment areas are inspiring, aesthetically-pleasing, functional, practical and unique – guided by your personal taste and style.
Gardner Interior Concepts – Cape Town’s Premier Interior Designers
Interior Designers, Decorators and Shopfitters for all your Interior Design requirements
Let Gardner Interior Concepts turn your kitchen into the heart of your home; transform your bedroom into a magical dream-space and convert your bathroom into your personal rejuvenation place.
As for your entertainment area… Let’s turn it into a happy space – a relaxing getaway from the rat race…
Contact Gardner Interior Concepts today and let’s create some magic together.